EcologicalAction is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating a sustainable tomorrow by encouraging sustainable practices.
Current projects include:
- Purchase and Installation of a Photovoltaic System for a homeowner on the Pine Ridge Native American Reservation in South Dakota
- Delivery and installation of PV-panels at the Nyaka Vocational & Secondary School in Nyaka, Uganda
- Implementation of a recycling program at Cherry Creek High School in Greenwood Village, CO
- Legislation for a plastic bag bill in Greenwood Village/Centennial, CO
Who we are:
- Riley Weeks is a Junior at Cherry Creek High School and current President of Eco Action. She founded the first chapter of an environmental club with a focus on protecting and preserving the oceans at her middle school. Always inspired by the presence of nature, and the diverse creatures who rely on it, Riley is thrilled to be a part of and head EcoAction at Creek.
- Abbie Weeks is an environmental activist who founded Ecological Action at Cherry Creek High School. She believes in lifelong learning and the power of education to foster and achieve environmental sustainability on a global scale. Growing up in Colorado with an active family exposed her early on to the natural world and inspired her to act to protect it. She is currently pursuing a degree in Environmental Engineering and International Affairs at University of Colorado Boulder.
- Jeffrey Boyce is an environmental science teacher at Cherry Creek High School.
He has been teaching and practicing environmental science for over 20 years. He is a proponent of sustainability and renewable energy and is passionate about communicating the necessity of sustainable solutions to the issues that face future generations. Jeff and his wife Amy are avid hikers and skiers and spend most of their free time in their VW in the beautiful mountains of Colorado!